Friday, January 25, 2008

Two important moments last night

I agree that Mitt Romney was the best in show last night. Unlike previous debates he was able to spend time communicating his ideas and burnishing his credentials instead of deflecting attacks from his peers all evening. He also showed a sense of humor seen here:



The other moment that stood out to me was when Huckabee made what I thought was a lame at best and distasteful/nasty at worst joke about Mitt's sons. The joke came a few minutes after Mitt had finished explaining why he was investing a significant amount of his own money in the campaign (incidentally, I thought that was a good answer too but that is another post).

Huckabee's wisecrack reminded me a little of John Edwards' attacks on Dick Cheney's daughter four years ago. Multiple people today have told me I am overreacting...still I don't think this will play well. Leave the kids out of it, and leave the subtle class warfare out as well.

No comments: