Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol features evangelical favorite

UPDATE: It is interesting that in the Wednesday night version at the bottom, they changed the lyrics to "My Shepherd, may savior..." but then changed them back to the original version of "My Jesus, my savior..." in the Thursday night version on the top.

Not sure how this happened...American Idol over the last two evening has featured a song that is an evangelical favorite; Shout to the Lord. They performed the song wonderfully.





The first night they sang it was Wednesday, at the end of the "idol gives back" show for charity. That show, incidentally, was terrific in the way it called on Americans to give whatever they could to help the least of these. It was completely free of any political agenda as well, which was refreshing.

1 comment:

Buzz said...

This truly was remarkable. I'm glad they went with the original version on the second night. While it was risky, I bet it will be a big plus for their ratings.